The whole “regular Friday post” thing got away from me, so here is my second weekly post in almost two months. On the plus side I’ve been extremely busy.
I moved my data access layer out into its own GitHub repository and started distributing it via NuGet. Since then I’ve added some features – an attribute to indicate that fields and properties in DTOs should be ignored in update and insert operation, and support for DTOs that don’t have a parameterless constructor.
I created a really basic template engine that takes an MS Word document and replaces merge fields with values. Since then it has even had a couple of contributions from @deltasem which is really cool. It is also available on NuGet.
I started a reporting library that converts XML (generated from Razor templates in the examples although they could be generated using other methods) into HTML, CSV and PDF. It has a NuGet package and there is also a package that provides an example Razor template.